If you lose or damage your wristband, visit the Festival Box Office Tent for a replacement. There is a $20 fee for a replaced wristband and the festival is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged wristbands.
Prefer two wheels and pedals? Not only are our friends from Wheelhouse Detroit once again offering discounts to Movement wristband-holders, they will also be hosting our Bike Valet onsite again (just east of Bates, on the south side of Jefferson Ave.), where you can secure your bike for free, each day of the festival.
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE FESTIVAL, AND WHAT ARE THE HOURS?
Movement is held in downtown Detroit in Hart Plaza. The first day of the 2019 festival is Saturday, May 25 and the last day of the festival is Monday, May 27. Festival hours are as follows:
Saturday, May 25th: 2pm-12am
Sunday, May 26th: 2pm-12am
Monday, May 27th: 2pm-12am
Yes. Kids 12 and under enjoy free admission to the festival when accompanied by a parent.
Single-day GA, Weekend GA, Weekend VIP, and CLUB313 tickets are available for purchase here.
Limited weekend GA passes are now available at the following locations:Detroit Threads – Hamtramck, MI
Detroit Hustles Harder – Detroit, MI
Well Done Goods – Detroit, MI
Urban Bean Coffee – Detroit, MI
Flat, Black, & Circular – East Lansing, MI
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF VIP and CLUB313?
VIP WEEKEND PASS
- Access to Main VIP Area (space above and behind the Movement Main Stage) where you’ll find:
- Dedicated entrance that helps expedite your entry to the festival grounds
- Expansive variety of stylishly decorated, furnished areas for relaxation and lounging
- Exclusive VIP Bars, featuring:
- Discounted drinks
- Premium drink choices
- Deluxe, private air-conditioned bathrooms (including ADA-accessible option)
- Complimentary chair massages
- Discounted cell phone charging and locker rental option
- Variety of engaging art installations
- VIP-only viewing platforms for multiple stages
- Room reservation access to the Official Movement VIP hotel (while supplies last). VIP ticket purchasers can reserve a room at the Westin Book Cadillac here, or the Foundation Hotel here.
- 50% off select Official Movement Merchandise (while supplies last)
CLUB313 WEEKEND PASS
CLUB313 includes ALL of the amenities that VIP attendees receive, in addition to:
- Exclusive viewing areas of the Movement Main Stage and the Pyramid Stage
- Private top-shelf bar, featuring:
- Dedicated servers and staff
- Several premium selections
- Very limited bottle service seating available (reservations are available on a first-come, first-served basis.)
While capacity allows, you will be able to upgrade to VIP by contacting See Tickets via phone or email 323.908.0607 / email@example.com. If VIP is not sold out by the time of the festival, you will also be able to upgrade at the Box Office on site.
Payment plans are available for both GA weekend and VIP weekend passes. For more information on them, please visit the Movement 2019 ticketing page here.
The Will Call and Sales Box Office will be located in the outdoor plaza in front of the Cobo Convention Center, directly west of Hart Plaza at Jefferson and Washington Boulevard.
MOVEMENT 2019 BOX OFFICE HOURS:
Friday, May 24th from 5pm – 9pm
Saturday, May 25th from 10am – 11:30pm
Sunday, May 26th from 12pm – 11:30pm
Monday, May 27th from 12pm – 11:30pm
All festival attendees, general admission, VIP or otherwise, are required at all times to wear their appropriate wristband, issued by the festival. Those failing to do so, or those failing to wear the wristband in the appropriate manner, will be denied entry to the festival grounds. Safeguard your wristband, as the festival cannot issue a new one to you, under any circumstances.
All attendees who purchase tickets will receive RFID wristbands in the mail. These wristbands are how you enter and exit the festival each day. If you have received your wristband in the mail, you do not need to go to the Box Office, proceed directly to an entrance. VIP has its own dedicated entrance at the corner of the plaza closest to Cobo Center. GA ticket holders should enter through the main entrance to the plaza.
Here’s some general information about the RFID bands:
Wristbands are activated to the person’s name who made the purchase with their credit card on the Movement site or See Tickets site.
You should not put on your wristband until you get to the festival. Wristbands cannot be removed or loosened once secured. There are limited quantities for replacements and the event organizers are not responsible for your lost, damaged or stolen wristband.
Movement Detroit wristbands are non-removable. If there is evidence that a wristband has been removed or tampered with you will not be permitted entry into the festival.
Keep the wristband away from magnetized surfaces and out of the sun to ensure it’s in top working condition when you arrive at the festival.
Wristbands purchased from a third-party source (Craigslist, Stub Hub, eBay, etc.) are not guaranteed and should not be purchased. Any issues with third party wristbands will not be validated unless the purchaser can provide evidence of a wristband purchase by way of credit card and ID of the original purchaser.
Your wristband will be scanned in when you arrive at the event and must be on your wrist at all times while inside the festival grounds. Anyone without a wristband will be escorted off the grounds by security.
Your wristband must be scanned out each time you exit the festival.
Guests picking up wristbands at Will Call or from Guest List Check-in must have a valid form of ID and the credit card they used to make the purchase (if applicable – guest list patrons only need a valid ID).
Photocopies of the purchaser’s ID and credit card used to make the purchase are valid forms of ID to pick up tickets from will call. Our staff requires the first and last name visible as well as the name and last 4 digits on the credit card made to use the purchase. The purchaser can black out all other information on the card and ID for security purposes.
If there are any issues with your wristband’s functionality at the event, there will be customer service stations located near entry gates to help reissue a band. You still need to supply the credit card and ID used to make the purchase to expedite the customer service process.
If you have any questions about your RFID band please feel free to email See Tickets: Help@SeeTickets.com
Movement 2019 wristbands will begin shipping mid-April 2019.
Please remember to have your wristbands shipped to an address where you or your authorized representative will be able to receive them. You will be notified via email when your wristbands have been shipped.
The following items are *ALLOWED* at Movement, but subject to search upon entrance:
• Baby strollers
• Backpacks (Standard school sized. No framed backpacks or camping gear)
• Blankets, sheets, towels
• Cameras (no detachable lenses) – must be without equipment attachments such as camera stands, selfie sticks, tripods, and monopods
• Empty CamelBak-type hydration packs and water bottles, and plastic or aluminum water bottles
• Umbrella (hand-held ONLY and no bigger than 42 in. when open)
The following items are *PROHIBITED* at Movement:
• Aerosol containers, including sunscreen and personal beauty products
• Any and all professional audio recording equipment
• Shoulder-mounted video cameras
• Cameras with detachable lenses, camera stands, monopods, tripods, attachment sticks (selfie sticks) or other commercial equipment
• Drones or any other remote flying device
• Laser pointers
• Coolers of any kind (exceptions may be made for medical use)
• Framed backpacks
• Glass and metal containers of any kind, except for aluminum water bottles
• Illegal and illicit substances of any kind
• Outside food or beverage (including alcohol)
• Skateboards, scooters, bicycles, wagons, carts or any personal motorized vehicles (with the exception of disability-related items)
• Pets (except documented service animals)
• Professional radios or walkie-talkies
• Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors are not allowed
• No solicitation and/or promotional materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, etc.
• Weapons or explosives of any kind
• Bicycles inside festival grounds (free bike valet is available east of the festival entrance)
• Carts or wagons of any kind
Yes. If you have a weekend pass, you will be allowed to enter and exit the festival at any time during festival hours May 25-27. If you purchase a one-day pass, you will be allowed to enter and exit the festival on that day only. Please note, you will be required to properly scan your wristband out of the festival each time you exit.
Yes, the full artist schedule will be posted on our website closer to the event. There will also be signage posted at each stage with that stage’s schedule. Additionally, schedules are included in the Official Festival Guide, available to you at the festival, free of charge. A wide variety of helpful information, including set times, artist bios and samples and a festival map will also be available on the free Official Festival Smartphone App.
You can access the Movement 2019 press application here.
For press/media partnership inquiries, please contact:
Media + Communications
Volunteer applications are not yet available for Movement 2019. Please check back closer to the event!
Do you want to earn your ticket to Movement 2019? Begin earning points towards festival tickets, merchandise, after-parties and more!
This year we have partnered up with SocialLadder (link) to manage our Movement Ambassador Program.
Sign up here: http://socialladder.rkiapps.com/Join/Movement_Ambassador_Program/
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
Begin earning points by inviting your friends,selling tickets, completing social media challenges and passing out promotional materials.
WHAT ARE THE REWARDS?
Rewards include weekend passes, VIP passes, merchandise and after-party tickets.
No printed materials, including flyers and stickers, may be distributed on the festival property, without prior written consent from the organizers.
Most of the festival site is easily accessible by wheelchair. Please check with us before the festival by sending an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your concerns and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Movement is a family event designed to be enjoyed by all ages. Kids 12 and under enjoy free admission to the festival when accompanied by a parent.
Please immediately speak to the nearest security guard. There will be one permanent medical facility located in the Ethnic Gallery adjacent to the Underground Stage and several roaming EMS personnel to assist you.
Yes. Please return any found items, and inquire about lost items, in the Security Office. The office will be located near the lower level restrooms directly outside the pyramid amphitheater.
Please contact email@example.com with vending inquiries for Movement 2019.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, there will be multiple ATMs throughout the festival for your convenience.
Yes, the lockers are located directly to your right once you enter the plaza through the Main Gate as well as in the VIP area. Reserve your locker ahead of time here!
Yes, the general admission Cell Phone Charging Area is located directly to your right once you enter the plaza through the Main Gate, along with Locker Rental.
No, the festival does not have free Wi-Fi available at this time.
All Official Movement Afterparty information will be listed on our website closer to May.
We have many resources to ensure you make the most of your time in Detroit!
We will be making a map available for you on the FAQ page and on the Official festival app as we get closer to the festival.
Yes, a free, feature-packed smartphone app will be available for download prior to the festival and will be available for both iOS and Android users.