MOVEMENT 2019 PRESS APPLICATION
Thank you for your interest in covering the 2019 Movement Music Festival. The 3-Day event will take place during Memorial Day weekend May 25-27, 2019 inside Hart Plaza, Detroit. Please read below for some important information about the 2019 press application process and RFID wristbands.
Press registration for Movement Electronic Music Festival is now open. The final deadline to apply for press credentials is May 3, 2019. Please remember this is only a request, and it may not be approved. Walk-up requests for press credentials will not be granted.
To apply for credentials, please fill out the following online application form. If you are a freelance journalist, you must be on assignment from a media outlet. Photographers must also be on assignment. Spec photography, portfolio photography, and personal website photography are not valid assignments. If your application is approved, you will receive complete check-in and on-site details. All approved media / photo credentials will receive RFID wristbands at check-in.
Additionally, if you are approved for media / photo credentials, you may be required to sign a release of liability and/or a photo release prior to receiving your credentials.
Please note: the RFID Media Wristband gives you access into the festival and the Media Lounge only. The RFID Photo Pass gives you access into the festival, the Media Lounge and into the photo pits at the discretion of Paxahau.
You will be notified of your application status by May 10, 2019. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
Please note the following:
• Requests for accreditation will only be considered if submitted via this official online process with the online application form completed accordingly. Application requests sent by email will not be accepted.
• The assigning Editor/Producer must provide a letter of assignment for each attendee on company letterhead, including the name of the assigned journalist/photographer and details of coverage. If sending multiple attendees, only one letter of assignment that lists coverage details for each individual in one document is necessary. Please submit letter of assignment to Morin Yousif.
• If you are a freelance journalist or photographer, you must be on assignment from a publication and provide an official letter of assignment on company letterhead.
• We will only credential photographers with SLR, detachable lens cameras. Point-and-shoot cameras will not be permitted in the photo pits.
• Press Credential Applications should be filled out as soon as possible, and no later than May 3, 2019. No Applications will be considered after this date, and walk-up requests will not be granted.Movement reserves the right to approve or deny accreditation.
Important information about the RFID wristbands:
• Wristbands are activated to the accredited person’s name. Wristbands cannot be removed or loosened once secured. There are limited quantities for replacements and the event organizers are not responsible for your lost, damaged or stolen wristband.
• Please have a valid form of ID ready at check-in.
• Movement Detroit wristbands are non-removable. If there is evidence that a wristband has been removed or tampered with you will not be permitted entry into the festival.
• Keep the wristband away from magnetized surfaces and out of the sun to ensure it’s in top working condition when you arrive at the festival.
• Your wristband will be scanned in when you arrive at the event and must be on your wrist at all times while inside the festival grounds. Anyone without a wristband will be escorted off the grounds by security.
• Your wristband must be scanned out each time you exit the festival.
• If you have any questions about your RFID band please email Morin Yousif.
For press/media partnership inquiries, please contact Morin Yousif, Paxahau Events.